Three-Month Tithe Challenge
The word "tithe" is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house." The 'storehouse' is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the ten percent.
But giving away 10% of your income can be a big--and often frightening--commitment! That's why we created the Three-Month Tithe Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it's a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11. We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked.
God doesn't need our money. He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first, and God wants us to trust Him. He tells us in Proverbs 3:9-10 to "honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops and then your barns will be filled with overflowing." We give first and the blessings of God follow. If you are interested in participating in our Three-Month Tithe Challenge, please read the terms below.
Terms for the Three-Month Tithe Challenge
- I understand a form must be completed and received by FFA prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand any request for refund must be received by the Executive Pastor within 30 days of the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand that anytime if I give cash, it must be given in an envelope to ensure that it is properly credited to my account.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand that stewardship is also a part of tithing, and I will seek to be a better steward of all that God has placed in my hands.
- I would like to test God's faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through FFA, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God's faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.